Developing OpenCms with Maven (inkl. Eclipse)
From OpenCms Wiki
Developing OpenCms with Maven
Creating the template of the Opencms-Module is as easy as executing:
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://bp-cms-commons.sourceforge.net
Select option 1, set properties and that's all!
- Build with Maven: you can use all Maven Plugins to analyze your code.
- The maven release plugin works also fine.
- Eclipse: create your Eclipse-config with "mvn eclipse:eclipse"
- UnitTests: Real OpenCms Unittest which starts an Opencms instance and reas OpenCms configurations already works.
- ArtifactId must be the OpenCms Module Name (This simplify the build-Process). The OpenCms Modulename must be a valid classpath (This is the package where OpenCms search a message.properties at Startup).
For your own Project you should copy the parent pom.xml and modify it (at least SCM and distributionManagement section):